Welcome to the HigherEd Academic Leadership Exchange
Are you a new chair or associate dean, or perhaps thinking of stepping into an academic leadership role? Connect with colleagues and peers across Canadian Universities going through the same trials and triumphs with HigherEd Academic Leadership Exchange!
We are launching a brand new Flagship program. It's a group coaching/just-in time, tailored Leadership development program for Faculty in or aspiring to leadership positions. Might that be you?
Our instructional team consists of three professionals with extensive experience in higher education. We are Organizational Development Professionals, Executive Coaches and University Instructors with 30+ years of combined post-secondary experience, coaching and developing leaders in academia.
In this new program, you will no doubt learn a great deal about leading in academic organizations, the differentiating benefit of this program is your connection to other Academic Leaders from across Canadian Universities. Come build with us a community of academic leadership peers and learn how to be a stellar leader and make positive change at your school.
OUR FLAGSHIP PROGRAM
Join us for our inaugural Leading in Higher Education Exchange program Jan-Mar 2024.
Participate in a suite of connection calls, each with a dedicated topic, to grow as a leader and learn from colleagues across Canadian Universities.
All sessions are delivered live from 8:00am to 9:30am ET.
- January 12 - Welcome and introduction. We will be discussing complexity, leadership models, and emotional agility.
- January 26 - How to manage difficult conversations, including conflict, performance discussions, and managing up.
- February 9 - Learn how to effectively influence others and build consensus, all while keeping relationships intact.
- February 23 - Leading change - whether global or local - relies on a set of skills and tools that we will share here.
- March 1 - Closing session.
Each session will provide you with practical tools as well as models and theories behind the tools. You will also have the opportunity to connect directly with colleagues, and time is built in for Q&A so that this program is tailored to your needs and context.
JOIN OUR PROGRAM
Pricing for this inaugural program is only $499 Canadian (plus applicable taxes), a significant discount from our future regular pricing.
Would you like to learn more? Please email Lisa at info (at) lvsconsulting (dot) com with the subject "HALE program inquiry".
Would you like to register? Click through below.
At HigherEd Academic Leadership Exchange (HALE), we specialize in empowering academic faculty to excel in administrative roles. With a team of seasoned professionals, we provide comprehensive instructional, facilitation, and coaching services designed to help you navigate the transition more easily and with greater positive impact.
Your Instructional Team for this program
Andrea Swanson (MA, PPCC) is a certified coach and Organizational Development Consultant with many years of experience in higher education. Andrea has worked with executives and leaders in large complex organizations for more than 10 years. Andrea has a Master’s Degree in Organization Development and a Certificate in Personal and Professional Coaching (PPCC) both from Concordia University. She grounds her coaching and consulting practice in leading in complexity, leadership presence, human-centered design and the foundations of adult development theory. Learn more about Andrea on her website.
Lisa Sansom (MBA, MAPP, PCC) is a PCC-certified coach and Organizational Development Consultant with expertise in change management, positive psychology, and leadership development. Lisa has worked in higher education since 2006 in many different roles and capacities. She brings her positive psychology research and practitioner background into all of her coaching and consulting work. She is also an experienced speaker, trainer, and facilitator on a number of different topics. Learn more about Lisa on her website.
Christine Costa (MBA) is a seasoned Human Resources professional and facilitator with almost 25 years of experience in various HR roles and industries (including financial services, technology, and higher education). She is passionate about learning and inclusion and has spent her career coaching and developing individuals and teams to improve their performance. Christine has designed and facilitated various university leadership programs and has been a part-time faculty member in higher education since 2010. Learn more about Christine on her webpage.
WHY CHOOSE US
- Experienced Coaches: Our team comprises experts with years of experience in academic administration.
- Tailored Programs: Customized coaching programs to meet your unique needs and goals.
- Proven Success: Our clients have achieved remarkable success in administrative positions.
- Ongoing Support: We're with you every step of the way to ensure your continued growth.
- Leadership Development: Build the skills and confidence required for administrative roles.
- Career Strategy: Personalized plans to achieve your career objectives.
- Networking: Connect with a supportive community of academic leaders.
Workshops & Webinars
- Interactive workshops and webinars on relevant academic leadership topics.
- Access valuable resources, articles, and templates to enhance your leadership skills.