Welcome to the HigherEd Academic Leadership Exchange -
Empowering Faculty Leaders for Success in Academic Roles
Are you a new chair or associate dean, or a faculty member thinking of stepping into a new academic role? We understand the unique challenges and opportunities that come with academic leadership.
This is your transformative opportunity to connect with colleagues and peers across Canadian Universities going through a similar leadership journey. Join us in the HigherEd Academic Leadership Exchange.
We are launching a brand new Flagship program. It's a group coaching/just-in time, tailored Leadership development program for Faculty in or aspiring to leadership positions. Might that be you?
Why Choose HALE
- Connect Across Institutions: Break the barriers of isolation by connecting with peers across different universities.
- Expertise at Your Fingertips: Benefit from the insights and knowledge of seasoned coaches who understand the intricacies of academia.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: In the face of economic pressures on universities, our group coaching model offers an affordable and resourceful alternative that doesn’t require a huge time commitment.
Discover a supportive community, gain valuable skills, and navigate the complexities of academic leadership with confidence. In this program, we provide dedicated support, foster connections, and offer just-in-time group coaching to faculty members navigating the dynamic landscape of higher education.
Our instructional team consists of three professionals with extensive experience in higher education. We are Organizational Development Professionals, Executive Coaches and University Instructors with 30+ years of combined post-secondary experience, coaching and developing leaders in academia.
Be part of a community of academic leadership peers. Learn how to be a stellar leader. Make positive change at your school. Get started here.
"Quantity of leaders is not the issue. What we need to change is the quality of leaders." - Dr Jane Philpott.
OUR FLAGSHIP PROGRAM
Join us for our inaugural Leading in Higher Education Exchange program Jan-Mar 2024.
Participate in a suite of connection calls, each with a dedicated topic, to grow as a leader and learn from colleagues across Canadian Universities.
All sessions are delivered live and online from 8:00am to 9:30am ET. STARTING January 26, 2024.
- January 26 - Welcome and introduction. We will be discussing complexity, leadership models, and emotional agility.
- February 9 - How to manage difficult conversations, including conflict, performance discussions, and managing up.
- February 23 - Learn how to effectively influence others and build consensus, all while keeping relationships intact.
- March 8 - Leading change - whether global or local - relies on a set of skills and tools that we will share here.
- March 22* - Closing session.
Each real-time session will provide you with practical tools as well as models and theories behind the tools. You will also have the opportunity to connect directly with colleagues, and time is built in for Q&A so that this program is tailored to your needs and context.
*Please note that if you cannot make March 22nd due to March Break (if applicable in your school district), we're still happy for you to join us. We can figure out alternative closing sessions arrangements.
JOIN OUR PROGRAM
Pricing for this inaugural program is only $499 Canadian (plus applicable taxes), a significant discount from our future regular pricing.
Would you like to learn more? Please email Lisa at info (at) lvsconsulting (dot) com with the subject "HALE program inquiry".
Would you like to register? Click through below.
At HigherEd Academic Leadership Exchange (HALE), we specialize in empowering academic faculty to excel in administrative roles. With a team of seasoned professionals, we provide comprehensive instructional, facilitation, and coaching services designed to help you navigate the transition more easily and with greater positive impact.
Your Instructional Team for this program
Andrea Swanson (MA, PPCC) is a certified coach and Organizational Development Consultant with many years of experience in higher education. Andrea has worked with executives and leaders in large complex organizations for more than 10 years. Andrea has a Master’s Degree in Organization Development and a Certificate in Personal and Professional Coaching (PPCC) both from Concordia University. She grounds her coaching and consulting practice in leading in complexity, leadership presence, human-centered design and the foundations of adult development theory. Learn more about Andrea on her website.
Lisa Sansom (MBA, MAPP, PCC) is a PCC-certified coach and Organizational Development Consultant with expertise in change management, positive psychology, and leadership development. Lisa has worked in higher education since 2006 in many different roles and capacities. She brings her positive psychology research and practitioner background into all of her coaching and consulting work. She is also an experienced speaker, trainer, and facilitator on a number of different topics. Learn more about Lisa on her website.
Christine Costa (MBA) is a seasoned Human Resources professional and facilitator with almost 25 years of experience in various HR roles and industries (including financial services, technology, and higher education). She is passionate about learning and inclusion and has spent her career coaching and developing individuals and teams to improve their performance. Christine has designed and facilitated various university leadership programs and has been a part-time faculty member in higher education since 2010. Learn more about Christine on her website.
Our Story: Founded on the belief that faculty members play a pivotal role in the vitality of universities, HALE (HigherEd Academic Leadership Exchange) emerged from our extensive experience in higher education. As Organizational Development Professionals, Executive Coaches, and University Instructors, we have 30+ years of combined post-secondary experience, coaching and developing leaders in academia. We have coached and supported leaders navigate the complexities of academia, and we recognize the transformative impact of support, collaboration, and continuous learning.
Our Purpose: At the heart of our business and this program is a deep commitment to support and connect faculty members during their academic journeys. We believe that through shared experiences, timely coaching, and a collaborative community, we can transform the often-isolated role of academic leadership into a fulfilling and empowering experience.
What Sets Us Apart: HALE stands out through a unique blend of group coaching, just-in-time training, and the power of connection. We bridge the gap across institutions, providing a space for faculty members to reflect, grow, and learn collaboratively. Our experienced instructional team brings both organizational expertise and a deep understanding of the challenges faced by educators. We have seen it ourselves in our different universities.
WHY CHOOSE US
- Meaningful Community: Connect with peers and colleagues who learn and grow alongside you, sharing experiences.
- Experienced Coaches: Our team comprises experts with years of experience supporting and growing leaders.
- Tailored Programs: Customized programs to meet your unique needs and goals.
- Proven Track Record: Our clients have achieved remarkable success in their leadership roles.
- Ongoing Support: We're with you every step of the way for your continued growth.
- Leadership Development: Build the skills and confidence required for administrative roles.
- Career Strategy: Personalized plans to achieve your career objectives.
- Networking: Connect with a supportive community of academic leaders.
Workshops & Webinars
- Interactive workshops and webinars on relevant academic leadership topics.
- Access valuable resources, articles, and templates to enhance your leadership skills.